A. Your My Degroof Petercam
1. Be careful when you click on a link in an e-mail to access My Degroof Petercam.
When you click on a link in an e-mail, verify if the web address of the page that the link leads to is secure.
You can check whether the web address of a page is secure by checking if it begins with “https” (“s” meaning “secured”). Then click on the padlock icon at the top of the navigation window. You can check whether the certificate of the Web page has been issued in the bank's name. The address of our secure My Degroof Petercam site is https://my.degroofpetercam.be/login
2. Never give your user name and pin code. Do not write them down either.
Never share your Digipass, user name, pin code or the code of your Digipass to third parties. The bank will never ask you to disclose your user name or the pin code of your Digipass, either orally, by regular mail or e-mail, or via a pop-up screen. Nor should you ever provide the data if you are allegedly being called for technical problems. You will never be requested to divulge your bank details or login information on any website other than our secure website My Degroof Petercam.
However, if you the Digital Care Service yourself at number 0800 20 216, it is possible that you will be asked for your Digipass serial number or unique code generated by the Digipass in order to identify you personally.
3. Choose a PIN and a password that are not too simple.
Do not choose passwords that can be found in a dictionary or that look like password1234 or QWERTY - they could put you in danger.
Ditto for the PIN: avoid 1234, 0000, 1111, or similar sequences.
4. Check the "login" page to see if the connection between the bank and your computer is secure.
The web address of the page must begin with “https” (“s” meaning “secured”). Then click on the padlock icon at the top of the navigation window. Check if the certificate of the Web page has been issued in the bank's name.
5. Regularly check your transaction history and any future transactions already transmitted or set up.
This is how you can see if any suspicious transactions have been made or transmitted.
6. Close the connection with My Degroof Petercam once you leave your computer.
Click the Logout button - Close Session.
7. Always log out of My Degroof Petercam if an unusual event occurs during the connection or during the My Degroof Petercam session.
If the connection or the execution of a transaction behaves in an unusual way (obviously changed screen, unusual messages, pop-up screens that ask for personal confirmation codes, etc.), immediately terminate the connection and let us know.
B. Your computer, mobile phone, smartphone or tablet and your Internet connection
1. If you use a wireless Internet connection (Wi-Fi), make sure it is secured with a password. Be careful when using wireless “public” hotspots.
This ensures that your device is secured using the latest protection systems. It is possible to set the level of security. Be sure that this level is not less than "normal."
Public Wi-Fi hotspots usually do not have a password, and when they have one, it's the same for everyone. This means that others can easily access the information you send over the network. It is not recommended to connect to your My Degroof Petercam via a public hotspot or a connection for which you do not know the security level.
2. Browsers and operating systems
As of November 1, 2016, the Bank supports the following browsers and operating systems:
- Windows 7 or higher
- OSX 10.8 or higher,
- iPad and iPhone: iOS 9 or higher
- Internet Explorer 11 or higher,
- Chrome 40 or higher,
- Firefox 48 or higher
Remember, with your Digipass you can carry out your My Degroof Petercam transactions on the computer whenever and wherever you want (e.g. in the office, on vacation etc). We advise you to check the operating system of the computer you are using thoroughly before you sign in.
The bank will not be responsible for security vulnerabilities that expose you to risk by continuing to use old systems. The same goes for the Apple Mac OS and iOS platforms.
3. Install a firewall and an antivirus program to secure your computer (Mac and PC).
A firewall will inform you in the event of an attempted intrusion into your device. Installing antivirus software can detect the presence of viruses on your device. Be sure to regularly update both the firewall and antivirus software, preferably before each connection. We recommend that you periodically let your antivirus program perform a full scan of your machine.
4. Protect your smartphone or tablet as well
When you log in to your My Degroof Petercam with your smartphone or tablet, be sure:
- to check that your device has been updated regularly by the manufacturer and is thus protected
- not to install applications that come from outside the App Store or Google Play.
- that your system is the original one and supported by the device manufacturer (not a jailbreak or exotic operating system)
- to put a passcode on your phone, and an auto lock if you are not using it for several minutes.
5. Surf only to safe sites
Avoid websites that illegally broadcast programs, music or movies. If you shop online, do so only on known and trusted websites.